Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] status of documentation licenses

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] status of documentation licenses
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 16:24:17 -0600

Hi Sylvain,

    By the way, did you answer to the gv/ghostscript maintainer?

Yes, I think so.  He suggested asking the original gv author (Johannes
Plass) for permission to relicense the manual, and I asked him to please
go ahead and do that.  No info since.  I'll bug him again at some
point.  (Ghostscript is another story, of course.)

    We had 0 time to work on it, except answering questions from people.

Ok.  When you have time to proceed, can you send me the lists (since you
already have them) of the ~100 packages with the "old-style" GNU
packages, and the "missing/unclear" GNU packages?  Or, if you have a
little more time, also generate the list of administrators for those
packages (which I imagine would be easier for you, with shell access)?

Also, rms requested:

> putting a clear statement
> in the policies so that new projects will know that manuals must have
> licenses compatible with "GFDL version N or later".

Did this happen?  I thought I remembered seeing that part get done, but
am not totally sure.

Thanks,