Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Assigning a 'co-copyright' to the FSF?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Assigning a 'co-copyright' to the FSF?
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 16:02:24 -0500

    > The FSF won't accept copyright on packages that are not official
    > GNU packages.

    I thought it did.

Not as far as I know.  If the FSF accepts legal responsibility for
packages that are not officially GNU, that's news to me.

Just for the record, the reverse is true, though: we are happy to dub
packages as officially GNU without requiring that copyright be assigned
to the FSF.

Cheers,