Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] 'Interesting' license used in project subm

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] 'Interesting' license used in project submission - input needed
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:04:24 +0100

Hi,

To the least, there's a problem with:

"This license shall be governed by the laws of the State of
California, and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts therein."

(see
http://gplv3.fsf.org/wiki/index.php/Compatible_licenses#Common_reasons_for_incompatibility)

It would probably be good for this project to initiate a conversation
with address@hidden to get their license compatible with the GNU
GPL.

Nice catch.

--