[Savannah-hackers-public] SNMP and Debian Etch upgrade

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] SNMP and Debian Etch upgrade
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:19:37 +0200

Hi,

I upgraded the Savannah root/dom0 system to Debian Etch. I got a
warning about SMTP:

"Upgrade warning from version 5.2.1 and below

Debian has changed the default start parameters of the snmpd
agent/daemon. The daemon is now started as user snmp, binds to
localhost only and SMUX support is disabled. These parameters can all
be individually changed in /etc/default/snmpd. Please see
/usr/share/doc/snmpd/NEWS.Debian.gz for more details."

I added 199.232.41.3 in /etc/default/snmpd , but maybe you'll want to
review the configuration some more.

Cheers,

--
Sylvain