[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: decommissioning packages

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: decommissioning packages
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 13:58:55 -0500

    - switch to non-GNU

It's not exactly non-GNU, either.  It's old-GNU.  If creating a third
type seems wrong or isn't practical, I think we should just leave them
as GNU.

    - put a note in the summary

Yes.

    You still have to:

Yes, these are most of the other things on my list :).
(For the record, the only other one is to tell bug-directory to mark the
package as decommissioned.)

    - ask sysadmin to move gnu.org/s/package/ -> nongnu.org/package/

I'd rather edit the web page on gnu.org.  That's what I've been doing.
For one thing, one of the purposes is not to break any links that might
be existence, and moving the web page would defeat that.  Besides, the
less burden we put on sysadmin the better for everyone.

    - move the ftp.gnu.org/gnu/package -> dl.sv.gnu.org/releases/package

I ask sysadmin to move any releases on ftp.gnu.org to ftp.gnu.org:old-gnu.

    - move mailing lists from nongnu.org->gnu.org, or at least add the
      nongnu.org alias

I disable any mailing lists.

Thanks,