[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #337760] [sr #105912] Home page u

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #337760] [sr #105912] Home page upload broken?
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 14:54:24 +0200

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 03:20:05PM -0400, Justin Baugh via RT wrote:
> > [beuc - Tue Jun 26 20:28:22 2007]:
> >
> > Hi sysadmins,
> >
> > I cannot get project guile-avahi to update at www.nongnu.org.
> > I tried forcing the update with
> >
> >   curl http://www.gnu.org/new-savannah-project/new.py \
> >     -F type=non-gnu -F project=guile-avahi
> >
> > but that didn't work (http://guile-avahi.nongnu.org/index.html ->
> > "page not found").
> >
> > Can you have a look at it?
>
> Sorry about the delay in responding; I have been on vacation and Ward is
> in Switzerland,
> leaving only jag here to deal with everything, as a result we have been
> somewhat swamped.
>
> The problem should now be fixed - the script was not exactly written to
> deal with any errors.
> Please let me know if it isn't.

Apparently it works.

> This reinforces my belief that nongnu.org should not be served off
> of nadesico, and everyone would be much happier (and it would be far
> more efficient) if nongnu* was moved to Savannah.

I don't think it is a good idea to move services to Savannah while it
is already a loaded computer.

However it would be good indeed if we could deal with the replication
system directly, wherever it is hosted (nadesico, new computer,
virtualized computer, etc.)

Note that nongnu.org is quite simple since all accounts are dealt with
the same way (nongnu.org/* and *.nongnu.org).

gnu.org however is much more complicated because every project may be
replicated at a different point of the hierarchy (software/, /,
translation projects, education/, and other exceptions).
gnu.org is probably where improvements are needed the most.

--
Sylvain