Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-help-public] mcasadevall use

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-help-public] mcasadevall user?
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:24:46 +0200

Hello!

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 03:07:46AM -0400, Michael Casadevall wrote:
> On Aug 10, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Jim Meyering wrote:
> >Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>I forgot to mention that Michael has root access since a couple
> >>days. It was said on the IRC channel but sometimes I forget not
> >>everybody is here :/ Michael plans to improve SVN support, especially
> >>because he needs it for a GNU Hurd-related project right now (after
> >>not managing to agree about choosing git or bazaar or else ;)).

Uh?  If this is about the main GNU Hurd project (where we're indeed
having such a discussion at the moment) then what is written above is
simply wrong and we're in fact still discussing the issue.  Eventually we
actually might settle for git.  But there are still issues left to be
discussed: how do ChangeLogs work (to satisfy the GNU needs) in
distributed revision control systems, and such things.

> >Michael, you should have asked me.
> >I would have convinced you to use git :)

Regards,
 Thomas