Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: helping savannah evaluate submissions

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: helping savannah evaluate submissions
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:03:32 +0200

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 10:35:33PM +0200, Kenneth Geisshirt wrote:
> Karl Berry wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Since things have been fairly quiet on the GNU evaluation front, I
> > wanted to mention that Savannah could really use some help evaluating
> > project submissions.  There are over 50 pending right now (most nongnu).
> >
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ProjectApproval has information and
> > links on what it entails.  There is a lot of overlap with what we do
> > here for GNU packages, although of course the process is different.
> >
> > If you can help, please email address@hidden
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Karl

> Hey Savannah hackers,
>
> As you can see, Karl has asked us to help you. I'm willing to take a
> project now and then, so please include me in your group. My savannah
> user name is kneth.

Hi,

Welcome aboard!

As you may have seen,
http://cvs.sv.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/administration/infra/elisp/savannah.el?root=administration
contains the canned texts that we use as a base to build our answers.

Approved or rejected projects need an admin to apply the change in the
system - closing the tracker does not do it automagically (yet :))

Given that you are already experienced with GNU Evaluation, I let you
answer directly to the tracker (communication is done via the tracker
rather than directly by mail). If at anytime you have a question about
how to proceed, feel free to mail me or ask around at #savannah on
freenode.

The current list of pending project is at
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?group=administration&category_id=1&status_id=1&set=custom
(we're now under 50 :))

--
Sylvain