[Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah reorganisation

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah reorganisation
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 22:42:55 +0100

Hey,

With the current shortage of volunteers, I went ahead and took some
measures.

First, I'm doing a major clean-up in the system, removing
(over)complicated that usually depends on me alone, and grouping
documentation. Check ChangeLog for details.

Note: the 'administration' CVS repository is now unused, I moved
savannah.el (and .vim) to the GNU Arch repository. All other files
were too old. We'll probably need to convert GNU Arch to something
else soon.

The GNU Arch repository has lots of documentation on how the system
was setup. This is a must read.

Second, we do not accept new projects at Savannah, until we're ready
again. We can use this time to reorganise the approval process to make
it less time-consuming, look for and teach new volunteers for that
job, etc.

If you want to change something in the Savannah setup, now is the
time! Get involved and take reponsibility for adding new features or
reworking the existing ones.

--
Sylvain