[Savannah-hackers-public] more list creation changes

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] more list creation changes
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 08:49:35 -0600

Sylvain and all,

A couple other ideas about list creation, as long as we're munging it:

1) Enable listhelper by default.  Almost everyone welcomes it, saying
   gee, why wasn't this done sooner :).  Out of the many hundreds of
   lists we've added it to, exactly one person has decided not to use it.

2) Put a note about listhelper and other default settings on the
   https://savannah.gnu.org/mail/admin/index.php page (as well as
   mailing to savannah-announce).  That's when people are going to want
   to see it, after all.

3) On the cosmetic side, how about if we drop the dumb default footer of
msg_footer = """_______________________________________________
%(real_name)s site list
%(real_name)address@hidden(host_name)s
%(web_page_url)slistinfo%(cgiext)s/%(_internal_name)s"""

It seems so unnecessarily verbose.  I can easily imagine no footer by
default, which is what we reset most of our lists too, or at most
msg_footer = """--
%(web_page_url)slistinfo%(cgiext)s/%(_internal_name)s"""

which is all the useful information in there.  (I do not propose
changing existing lists in this regard, though.)

Wdyt?

karl