[Savannah-hackers-public] Exact Search patch

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Exact Search patch
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 17:46:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Sylvain. This is Nick again who wrote to you under the address@hidden email.

> - Try to avoid introducing spaces or newlines (you can inspect the
> diff and remove them before sending it), so those small differences
> don't appear in the diff and distrub the reader.

I think I have no unnecessary new lines now.

>- You modified a function that sends headers. But now the function
> sends both the results headers and the exact results, so this is
> confusing. Maybe search_exact() needs to be called from
> frontend/php/search/index.php, rather than from
> search_send_header().

This time I split search_send_header() into search_send_header() and print_search_heading(), because it will allow me to place a function between the Header and the full results Heading on the frontend/php/search/index.php. If I place a function before the original search_send_header() function on index.php it will appear at the top of the page and not inside the body.

>- db_execute has a second argument, which is an array of values to
> include in the query (it replaces "?"s) and properly escape (to
> avoid SQL injections). You need to use it to properly escape

Not sure if it did the trick for it, but I did use that function and it accepts the array fine. I am not very good at testing SQL bad stuff either.