Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Prevent creation of mailing lists with nam

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:33:36 +0200

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:42:12PM +0300, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> >
> > you need to detect suffixes, so checking the complete name won't
> > work.
>
> That's what I thought I'm doing -- according to my (uneducated)
> reading, $list_name['new'] is esaxtly the suffix in
> address@hidden  Of course I may be wrong, but I can't see
> what's the right suffix to compare with, if that's not it.

But you fail to detect this:
'emacs-all-admin'
=> $list_name['new'] == "all-admin"
                     != "admin"

> > Also 'a = ("join" || "leave")' won't work, you need to use the full
> > 'a == "join" || a == "leave"'.
> >
> > I think you can use "php -l" to check syntax.
>
> Thanks, I didn't know this; however with my change it returns:
>
> No syntax errors detected in index.php
>
> (I just installed the php5-cli package to test this.)

Yes indeed, this is syntaxically correct, but this is equivalent to:
[arrr, why, WHY did you remove the history of the e-mail? I'll have to
restart mutt in another window to copy paste your original code :P]
  $list_name['new'] == 1;

--
Sylvain