Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] autoredirect for savannah downloads

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] autoredirect for savannah downloads
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:49:11 +0100

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 05:38:50PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
> Sylvain and all,
>
> The basic module for the mod_perl multiplexing is
> http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/R/RK/RKOBES/Apache-GeoIP-1.63.tar.gz
>
> If it turns out you want to do an external cgi instead after all, we can
> discuss with Randy.
>
> Randy also wrote:
>
>   Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:51:56 -0600
>   From: Randy Kobes <address@hidden>
>   To: Karl Berry <address@hidden>
>   Subject: Re: replicating the mirror setup
>
>   ... When things are set up, I could provide the scripts I use to
>   update the database, as well as the Apache configuration directives -
>   let me know when that's ready.

OK, I first read the mail too quickly and didn't understand that I had
to do something now.

It will be much easier for me to understand what to do if I can see
the final configuration, which is probably the Apache configuration
directives.

For the Maxmind database, I current use the following set of
instructions (which I use when installing AWstats with the geoip
module):

  aptitude install libgeo-ipfree-perl libgeoip1

  mkdir -p -m 755 /usr/local/share/GeoIP/
  cat <<'EOF' > /etc/cron.d/maxmind
  # Update Country/City IP-lookup databases from MaxMind
  # TODO: use -o /dev/null, then use $? to check if the download was successful
  0 3 10 * *      root    wget
http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoIP.dat.gz -O- | zcat >
/usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIP.dat
  10 3 10 * *     root    wget
http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoLiteCity.dat.gz -O- | zcat >
/usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoLiteCity.dat
  EOF

  # TODO: do this non-interactively
  aptitude install build-essential
  perl -MCPAN -e shell
  # > install Geo::IP

Karl, can you tell me what's your progress with the mirmon
configuration?

--
Sylvain