Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Approving projects

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Approving projects
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:10:33 -0600

    So by draft, you mean a review of the package based on the various
    guidelines,

I mean the text that you would propose to send back to the submitter as
the reply, assuming there are issues to deal with.  (The wiki page
mentions this, tersely. :)

    or is there a more specific/formal template I should use?

There is no formal template.

    I'm guessing it would be something like this:
    https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?8927#comment6

That summary Sebastian sends is very good as the last step, when
everything has been resolved.  But if there are problems, then no
template can really suffice, because each package's problems are
different, as seen in Sebastian's previous comments to the submitter of
that package.

So, that one-off message explaining the problems is what is useful to
have reviewed before actually sending, for the first couple packages you
handle.

Make sense?

Thanks,
karl