Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Two question which I have to pass on

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Two question which I have to pass on
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:15:16 -0600

    The document doesn't justify this recommendation.

Besides what Bob wrote, there is one other, legalistic, reason.
Copyright law talks about notices of the form

  Copyright YEAR1, YEAR2, YEAR3, ... ENTITY.

They never talk about allowing ranges.

I also heard from rms once that ranges were problematic because of
stupid interpretations about the endpoints, i.e., whether the range was
inclusive or exclusive.

The simplest and best thing to do is avoid all the questions and murky
areas, and just write out the years.

karl