[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: GNU Awk Rsync Changes Today?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: GNU Awk Rsync Changes Today?
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 08:26:52 +0200

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 11:15:30PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I noticed that some changes were made to the gawk rsync from
> joseki.proulx.com to savannah.gnu.org today.  It is a small thing.
> Around 09:41am MDT today the rsync changed from rsyncing gawk/ to
> rsyncing gawk/*.  I don't know of any specific problems but since this
> was a change and I hadn't seen any information on it I thought I would
> poke my head in and ask about it.  Do you know what was being changed
> and why?

Hmm, how did you notice? :)

The repository top-level directory belongs to root. There was a change
recently on your side (chmod g-s) which rsync endlessly attempted to
perform, but couldn't since it's ran by an unprivileged user. Hence I
excluded the top-level directory from the sync.

Does that have any impact I didn't foresee?

--
Sylvain