[Savannah-hackers-public] Re:

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re:
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 17:20:39 -0400

    The Savannah Hackers are interested to know if it is appropriate to
    approve projects which depend on non-free dynamic websites

I am not sure what you mean by describing a web site as "non-free".
Our terms "free" and "non-free" are defined for software, not for web
sites.

We are working on some criteria for what it means for web sites
to respect users' freedom, but we don't have them yet.

                                                               and their
    content like http://www.weatherbug.com/

If you describe that site, and what it contains, and how the program
relates to it, then I could start to think about whether this is an
issue.

    The project I am refering to is written in bash and makes use of wget
    commands to send the user's zip code input to retrieve the custom
    information.

What information does it retrieve, and in what format?