[Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #447573] method to update dns for sav

From: Ward Vandewege via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #447573] method to update dns for savannah-hackers
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 17:17:42 -0400

These subdomains are now all split off in separate zone files

  sv.nongnu.org
  savannah.nongnu.org
  sv.gnu.org
  savannah.gnu.org

Ns1/ns2 are configured to accept 140.186.70.68 as master for those
domains. Beuc's going to configure that box (savannah-backup.gnu.org, a
domU on another of our machines) with an authoritative nameserver.

I put initial zone files in /root/ on savannah, they should be used to
start out.

We're also still waiting on the ns4 folks to accept these new sub zones.
Once that is done I can remove the savannah/sv data from the gnu.org
zone. For nongnu.org, we only have ns1/ns2 listed as nameservers, so
those domains will be active once the new nameserver on .68 is up.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <address@hidden>