Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] registration aviation data - long lines of

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] registration aviation data - long lines of numbers
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 19:43:17 -0500

(Coming in late here, but just to confirm FWIW ...)

    In case the user isn't able to unpack the arrays to the original form,
    we should insist on uploading the original files. Just like we insist on
    source code instead of binary files.

Exactly right.  This is the issue of blobs in the Linux kernel.

    > pixels = pack.fromunsignedbytes "\107\114\121\107\113\121\107\

Judging purely by the variable name, that one would be an image, so fine ...