[Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah backup strategy

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah backup strategy
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:59:29 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to start a discussion about the Savannah backup.

Currently Savannah2004 is a single filesystem that is rsync'd in a
single pass. That synchro then goes to magnetic tapes, and some of
them are stored forever.  (at least that's what I understand)

Since we're moving to Xen, the data are going to be split in multiple
LVs. How do you see the new backup setup? Some DomUs are external and
be directly accessed through the network, but some others are
internal.

(Currently I implemented a backup from savannah-backup.gnu.org but
there's no backup history.  As previously mentioned it's based on LVM
snapshots, and it done per-domU/VServer rather than in single-pass).

--
Sylvain