[Savannah-hackers-public] Sabbatical and new project registrations

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Sabbatical and new project registrations
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 23:26:32 +0200

Hi people,

I have been busy lately with other projects, and I could not devote
any real time to Savannah registration tasks. It appears that nobody
else did, and as a result new projects have been piling up (65 open as
of this writing, 29 with status None). Furthermore, the situation is
not about to improve on my side: I am not going to be able to devote
time to Savannah for the next few months. So I'm planning to take a
sabbatical period as Savannah admin until I can do a thorough job.

Meanwhile our users are expecting us to review their submissions,
which is fortunate for Savannah as new blood is entering the system.
But the process is too time-consuming as it is and it requires too
much hand holding; as a suggestion, perhaps it could be simplified. I
am planning to clear the queue for all projects that have been
registered so far, so that any new people willing to take over the job
can do so without a huge burden. Let me know if this is OK with you.

I will continue using Savannah regularly as part of my project eLyXer,
even if it is rather in maintenance mode. Thanks for everything, and
keep up the good work!

Alex.