Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr access problems

From: Martin Pool
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr access problems
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:39:22 +1100

On 14 October 2011 06:48, Michael J. Flickinger <address@hidden> wrote:

>> MP> Was bzr upgraded, or the server...?
>>
>> Someone recently posted that sv had been updated to bzr 2.4.
>>
>> -JimC
>
> Bazaar is at (bzr) 2.3.1
>
> Does bzr 2.4 fix any bugs which could have potentially caused this?

There are a few different bugs or symptoms being discussed:
 1- permission error on locks
 2- connection drop while connecting
 3- connection drop after exactly an hour

I haven't heard of 1 or 3 happening anywhere else.  If they were in
bzr itself I probably would have heard of them happening on Launchpad,
and I haven't, so I suspect they are something in the Savannah
environment.

2 I have heard elsewhere and it is typically an environmental or
installation problem causing bzr to stop just after accepting the
connection.

So I'm not sure that upgrading to 2.4 will specifically fix them, but
it will improve network speed and memory usage, which will probably
help you generally, and if these problems are load-related it may make
them go away.  2.4.0 was a couple of months ago so it's been well
tested by other people and going to 2.4.1 should be a safe upgrade.

hth,
Martin