Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Proposed review of xvidcap

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Proposed review of xvidcap
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 22:16:09 GMT

Hi Aljosha,

Thanks for starting on this.

    oriented the reply after xenu's style of answers, if it's OK.

No problems with the techno-licensing part of the reply, but seeing this
makes me think of a couple administrative things:

- it would be courteous to start with something like "Thanks for
  submitting your project to savannah" so they don't just get an abrupt
  message about the problems.

- it might be nice to say to give the urls for the hosting requirements
  and tips:
https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly

- as far as I know, it is better to avoid .en. urls on www.gnu.org,
simply for consistency with the past.  Historically, we have always had
the form with no language extension as English, and that will never
change:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

  (Although .en and other .LL work fine, that is a very recent
  development.)

Thanks again,
karl