[Savannah-hackers-public] git:// was not responsing, so I've restarted x

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] git:// was not responsing, so I've restarted xinetd
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 11:13:14 +0200

Push to coreutils worked fine, but I couldn't pull (using git://):

    $ cd autoconf
    $ git pull
    fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
    [Exit 1]
    $ git pull

    and the repository exists.
    [Exit 1]
    $ git pull

    and the repository exists.
    [Exit 1]
    $ git pull

    and the repository exists.
    [Exit 1]

so I've restarted xinetd on the server, and now all is well.
Well, almost "all".

Watching /var/log/syslog, I saw that cvspserver failed to start:

    Sep  7 09:08:11 vcs xinetd[15820]: bind failed (Address already in use
(errno = 98)). service = cvspserver
    Sep  7 09:08:11 vcs xinetd[15820]: Service cvspserver failed to start and
is deactivated.
    Sep  7 09:08:11 vcs xinetd[15820]: xinetd Version 2.3.14 started with
libwrap loadavg options compiled in.
    Sep  7 09:08:11 vcs xinetd[15820]: Started working: 5 available services

I don't have time to investigate that one -- or, TBH, the inclination.