Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Submission with Copyzero X license

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Submission with Copyzero X license
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 21:18:20 GMT

Hi Aljosha,

    tomasz> I don't think we should accept non-English license,

Right.

    Tomasz> it would confuse users.

But not because of this (though it is an additional valid reason).

    > the license text is in Italian

We (Savannah) can't accept licenses whose authoritative texts are only
in a language other than English, because the FSF can't evaluate them
officially (and I can't evaluate them unofficially :).

Looking at the submission (http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12012), it
seems he was merely asking about Copyzero, while actually using dual
FDL-CC.it, which seems ok.  We can't make any statements about the
Italian CC-BY-SA pro or con (though I would expect it is fine), but FDL
is ok by itself, and it's fine to have dual licensing as long as one
license is known to be good.

Thanks,
karl