[Savannah-hackers-public] Documentation project with other source files

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Documentation project with other source files
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 11:12:12 +0100

Hi,

task #12450 [0] is a submission of a project that wants to translate
“An Introduction to GCC”.  For the license the submitter specified
“GNU General Public License v2 or later”, although it is the GFDL.
This leads me to a question:
On the FDL howto page [1] it says “It is sufficient to put the full
license notice in the “main” file of your document.”.  Is this also
true for the non-texi files in the tarball (the .po files, the example
C files, …)? I know the book has been published like this before, but I
want to be sure before approving it.

Thanks,
Aljosha

[0] https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12450