Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] how to build libntlm

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] how to build libntlm
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:30:14 -0700

Bill Liu wrote:
> To whom it may be concerned:

You have reached the mailing list for people who hack on Savannah.
Savannah is the software forge for people committed to free software.
The web site, the version control hosting, that type of thing.

> Hello. I am newbie to libntlm. I recently download the libntlm by:
> git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/libntlm.git

But you are asking about the libntlm project.  We don't know too much
about specific projects here.  It would be better to look at the
project README file and see what it says about where to get help.

For libntlm it says:

  If you need help to use Libntlm, or wish to help others, you are
  invited to join our mailing list libntlm at nongnu.org, see

> I'm using Ubuntu 12.04. After "cd libntlm", I could NOT build it
> because there is no "configure" file to run. If I run "make" directly,
> it would fail.
> Where is the "configure" file?
>
> Please help!

If you are starting from source code then you probably need to create
it.  Make sure you have all of the proper autotools installed and then
run:

  autoreconf --install

That will run the various autotools and create the configure file.
For any more assistance please contact the project team because
different projects will have variations on the theme.

Good luck!
Bob