Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] User wants to change his group's name

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] User wants to change his group's name
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 15:26:40 -0700

Hello Joan,

Joan Lledó wrote:
> Hello, could you take a look at this submission?
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13046
>
> The user wants to change the name of his group but I'm not sure if I
> can do that. Can I?

There is a web interface to be able to edit the name of projects in
the "Site Administration: Group List" part of things.  Therefore I
assume that it is possible to rename a project.  However I have not
done this on a project and I have found that some things don't always
work when I try them.  (I tried moving a bug ticket from one project
to another and found that it was not working for example.)  If it
comes down to actually renaming a project I can only say try it and
then we can react if it doesn't work.

Regarding the conversion from cvs to git that part is normal.  They
can enable their git repository and upload to it with no problem.
Have them let us know when the cvs isn't being used anymore and we
will configure it to be read-only and to reject further commits and to
print a notice that the new repository is elsewhere.

Bob