Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] can't get to git.sv.gnu.org

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] can't get to git.sv.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 15:16:16 -0600

Hi Arnold,

Aharon Robbins wrote:
> Karl Berry wrote:
> > All savannah users should subscribe to savannah-announce (very very very
> > low volume), at least.
>
> Much thanks.
> I have subscribed to the announce list. Sorry for the noise.

Some additional hints for other users reading this.  I try to post a
Savannah News item so that it will appear on the Savannah front page.
That also mails savannah-users too so unfortunately most news items
are being double posted here.  I know that hasn't been updated very
often (because there hasn't been very much happening) but if there is
anything happening with any aspect of Savannah affecting scheduled
operational availability then hopefully one of us will have posted
something there ahead of time.

  https://savannah.gnu.org/

Additionally Lisa (sole FSF admin at this time who excellently did the
work yesterday, things went very smoothly) is using the FSF blog page
to post admin notices.  Unfortunately that is intermingled with many
other FSF notices not specific to Savannah but that is the feedback
line from the FSF to the public.  I might say look specifically for
Lisa's feed but hopefully there will be additional admin resources
added soon in which case it will be more than just Lisa doing the
work.  If something is actively happening and current it should be at
the top of the blog feed.  Today you would need to scroll down for
yesterday's news.

  http://status.fsf.org/

Additionally and specifically for the case where the FSF
infrastructure might be unavailable for any reason there is a non-FSF
information feed location for out-of-band status.  As a way to
guarantee that communication can still occur in the case of disaster.

  https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus

Note that pumprock.net requires Javascript to be enabled in order to
actually see the content.  If you are like me and default to noscript
then looking at https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus will silently show NO
postings.  Gack.  It will appear to work okay and will look fine.  But
it will incorrectly look like there are no postings.  I wish it were
otherwise.  I note loudly here to make sure Javascript is enabled for
that page and it will function.  Lisa posted a notice there yesterday
so you should see that posting if Javascript is working.

Bob