[Savannah-hackers-public] Question about Savane API

From: socketpro
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Question about Savane API
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 22:16:59 -0400

I have been groking Savane's API, both frontend and backend.

Savane's API seems to make a system group (like adduser/addgroup(8) ) with the
same name as each project. This means, a 'savane' project will create a
'savane' system group on the system. If that is how it is, then each system can
only have say, a few thousand projects, or 40,000 projects. Any hackers out
there can confirm this?

So to have say 250,000 thousand projects under one "org", you will need a
Savane install with a couple of brother sites? This is so weird it made me
chuckle. It took me a time to realize this after reading the source code.

-- taj