Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mailman message-approval question/debuggin

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mailman message-approval question/debugging
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 23:05:17 GMT

Hi Assaf,

    5. At around 10:00AM, I entered the mailing list administration page,
    but the web page says: "There are no pending requests".

I approved it in the normal course of things when I reviewed mailing
lists this morning.

However, I see you removed listhelper from the moderator list, so I
suppose you want to deal yourself with all mail (and spam) on your list.
Sorry.  That's fine, I won't touch it in the future.

By the way, I suggest keeping discard_these_nonmembers empty, as
explained on
http://www.nongnu.org/listhelper/mailmanconf.html#privacysender

    7. But, the message from the user seems to not have been sent to other
    list members ( I have another email account subscribed as a member, to
    verify what is received by list members).

I know of no reason why the msg would not have been delivered normally
after I approved it.  Maybe it was filtered as spam somewhere?  Maybe it
just took time?  Feel free to check the mailman/exim logs on lists if
you want to verify ...

Best,
Karl