Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] cgit/gitweb - owner updates

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] cgit/gitweb - owner updates
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 22:05:47 GMT

    I guess now it's a judgement call: use 'bug-PKG' for all gnu packages, or
    the more 'help-like' one if such list exists -
    which do you prefer? I'll update the file accordingly.

Seems like it's a question for git users, not my preference :) ...

If git users expect to contact the project maintainers from the owner
field, as one might guess from the face of it, bug-pkg is the way to go.

Another advantage of bug-pkg is that it can be automatically maintained
over time and inserted for new projects.

It remains unclear to me that any value is better than always leaving it
empty, implicitly requiring people to go actually look for contact
information instead of blindly blasting off email to who-knows-who about
who-knows-what.  But whatever, I leave it to you ...

karl