Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Prospective Savannah Hacker Evaluation: Ta

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Prospective Savannah Hacker Evaluation: Task 13585 (Stive)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 22:48:54 -0400

Hello Bruno,

> On Sep 7, 2015, at 16:40, Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro <address@hidden> wrote:
>> http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToAdminThisWiki/ ).
>
> I have to be a member of the administration group in order to be able
> to contribute to it, right?

You can certainly checkout the repository now, make changes and create a
patch/diff file - we could quickly push it.

>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2014-08/msg00063.html
>
> Why isn't this in the Savannah wiki?  It seems you did a good job there!

Thank you. It is not finished, and I'm not sure that an even *longer* list will
actually be beneficial.
but if you do improve it, it will be great and we could work towards adding it.

> ======================= EVALUATION BEGINNING =========================
>
> Hi David!
>
> I'm evaluating Stive, the project you submitted for approval in
> Savannah.  While doing so I have noticed a few issues that you should
> be aware about.
>
> You didn't provide the program's dependency list.  After a closer look
> I've realized that, GNU Bash, Lynx and VLC are dependencies.  Does
> Stive have any other software dependency?  If so, make sure all of its
> remaining dependencies are free software and let me know.
>
> Before your project gets approved though, the following changes are
> required:
>
>  * Put the copyright and license notices --- in the form of a source
>    code comments --- in the Stive's script very top, as explained at
>    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Use the extended
>    license notice provided there, not the reduced version you used in
>    the '--copyright' option.
>
>  * Include a copy of the GPLv3+ license as the 'COPYING' file.  You
>    can find it here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt.
>
> =========================== EVALUATION END ============================
>
> Is this good?

That's good.

I usually also add the explicit links to the both the requirements page and the
"How to Get your project Approved Quickly".

Please do login to Savannah, then reply to this task (when you're logged in,
the message will show your name as the "from" field).

As a side note, since this is a bit of an old item,
sometimes the authors don't reply - don't take that personally :)

thanks,
 - assaf