[Savannah-hackers-public] Network Problem? DDoS? System? 2016-10-29

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Network Problem? DDoS? System? 2016-10-29
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 12:44:14 -0600

Hi Ruben,

It appears that Savannah is experiencing some type of network
connectivity problem.  Users have reported timeouts trying to access
vcs.  I can confirm the timeouts seen here too.  Plus Nagios is
latched in failure.  The Savannah web frontend seems okay.  Things
appear to be a problem for vcs.  You might try this for one example.
I am seeing timeouts.

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/administration.git/

The systems seem okay to me.  They are mostly idling along.  This
makes me think there is some type of network problem or attack.  Is
there a network DDoS attack happening?

However here is some evidence that it is something on the system.
When logged into vcs everything seems okay to me.  But hitting the
above takes 0m44.562s and sometimes times out *locally*.  On vcs0
where the data is nfs mounted it is instantaneous at 0m0.022s.

I stopped and started apache2 on vcs.  No improvement.

Thanks,
Bob