Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] download access for uploading files broken

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] download access for uploading files broken
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:04:17 -0700

Assaf Gordon wrote:
> I'm leaning towards the possibility that it is related to
> secondary-groups/NFS issues,
> such as:
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/206062/nfs-permission-problem-with-secondary-groups

It does look like the same problem.  Too bad there isn't a solution
there.

We are using the -g manage-groups option with nfs.  And it has been
working.  So it is strange that it would now be failed after a
restart.

This won't be encouraging but I had this exact same problem on another
system a couple of years ago and never figured it out.  Eventually the
problem evaporated around me and I never knew what caused it.

> I'm going to try to find a way around it,
> but this sounds familiar and the solution is known to someone,
> please chime in.

Initially if we think it is a mount problem then I would unbusy the
mount points, unmount it, then re-mount them.  It is possible that
something has a fallback at mount time and it isn't negotiating the
right stuff.  Sorry if that is a little fuzzy.  I wish I knew more
details of the internals.  If that was difficult to unbusy, unmount
and re-mount then I would simply reboot download0.  It is a new system
and reboots very reliably.  No fear there at all.

It is possible that we need to reboot download too.  It will probably
reboot okay.  But with download and vcs the danger is that they might
not and need an FSF admin to kick them.  Therefore if it comes to it I
would rather wait until US/Eastern morning time to do it.

Bob