savannah-hackers

[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Opal IDE For Home Use

From: kunert
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Opal IDE For Home Use
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:15:01 -0400

Roman Kunert <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Opal IDE For Home Use
System name: opaleditor

The aim of this project is to support undergraduate students of my university
(www.tu-berlin.de) in their first term. We want to create a small java based
program for the client side that serves as a IDE for the functional language
OPAL. As there is no windows compiler for the language available we intend to
route the calls to the interpreter and the compiler via SOAP to a server, that
finally executes those calls and responds with the answer.
This principle can later be extended to other programming languages, where the
nature of the problem is similar.

The client program will offer some basic features, such as project management,
syntax highlighting and instant help.

We intend to distribute the client via JNLP.

A first prototype will be available at the end of July 2002.

Other Software Required:
OPAL interpreter and compiler
Axis Soap Server

Other Comments:

-----------------------------
To re-register easily this project, in case the registration project is
discarded for a reason or another, the following url can be used :
http://savannah.gnu.org/register/basicinfo.php?re_purpose=The aim of this
project is to support undergraduate students of my university
(www.tu-berlin.de) in their first term. We want to create a small java based
program for the client side that serves as a IDE for the functional language
OPAL. As there is no windows compiler for the language available we intend to
route the calls to the interpreter and the compiler via SOAP to a server, that
finally executes those calls and responds with the answer.
This principle can later be extended to other programming languages, where the
nature of the problem is similar.

The client program will offer some basic features, such as project management,
syntax highlighting and instant help.

We intend to distribute the client via JNLP.

A first prototype will be available at the end of July 2002.&re_require_sw=OPAL
interpreter and compiler
Axis Soap Server&re_comments=&re_full_name=Opal IDE For Home
Use&re_unix_name=opaleditor