savannah-hackers

[Savannah-hackers] Re: Plan for tomorrow

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Plan for tomorrow
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:48:29 +0100

"Bradley M. Kuhn" <address@hidden> said:

> I believe that if all goes well today, sometime tomorrow we can proceed
> with an install of the savannah software and to do any adapting that is
> required for chroots.
>
> The other savannah-hackers indicate that Mathieu is the person who is best
> informed and equipped to do the install.  Meanwhile, the FSF sysadmins and
> I would like to learn more about the process, and if possible, to learn
> from the expert.  We'd also like to show you what we've done regarding the
> chroots and talk about how the savannah software can fit in with the
> chroots.
>
> Mathieu, would you be willing to do an install, and allow us to watch
> through a screen session?  That way, we can learn something about
> savannah from you?
>
> Also, would you be willing to spend a little bit of time on IRC tomorrow
> with us to discuss the final details of getting the site back up?  We want
> very much to bring the site back up tomorrow, and would like to work
> collaboratively with you tomorrow to do that.  Being able to talk
> interactively while we get things working so that we can learn from each
> other is an important aspect for our collaboration.
>
> Are you willing?
>
> Any time from 17:00 - 01:00 CEST (10:00 - 18:00 US EST) should work for
> us.  Does any time in that range work for you?

How, CEST = Greenwich? I'm no longer sure about it. Let's talk in UTC
(which is Greenwich for sure).

I'll try to dedicate one hour between 20:00 UTC and 23:00, I will
install the frontend + the backend (excluding sv_groups and sv_users,
because it may not fit with the chroot) in a screen session, and
during that time I'll open an IRC client to #savannah.

I have to mention that the backend is supposed to update and create
new groups. It is possible to consider that no new project will be
accepted until the everything is stabilized, which permit you to focus
only on the "update" part of the backend, not the creation (so, just
on sv_users, not sv_groups).

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |