savannah-hackers

[Savannah-hackers] Re: restoring commit access to web tree

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: restoring commit access to web tree
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:38:14 -0500

John Paul Wallington wrote:

> Is there any preparatory work, such as integrity checking, that could be
> done by the webmasters and savannah-hackers before the sysadmins come
> back from vacation ?

We hope to have RCS files available for the webcvs trees on Monday.  We
can generate the diffs at that time, too.  Corvus, your system for diff
generation will work for the website, too, right?

So, you can begin the integrity check on Monday.

>  What is the plan for restoring the web CVS tree,

We haven't worked on the security issues there yet.  There are many,
because the communication between the www.gnu.org machine and savannah
needs to be done more securely than it was in the past.

We do want to get things going again, and realize that you can't update
the website now.  We may give special access for the main of www.gnu.org
first.  I need to meet with our IT guys on Monday and figure out what to
do.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation   |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942