screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #64659] Bad cursor offset with UTF-8 combining chara

From: anonymous
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #64659] Bad cursor offset with UTF-8 combining characters
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 19:55:32 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: 4.9.1
         Discussion Lock: Any
           Fixed Release: None
         Planned Release: None
           Work Required: None

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Tue 12 Sep 2023 11:55:30 PM UTC By: Anonymous
When outputting text with UTF-8 combining characters, such as diacritics, the
resulting cursor position appears to be internally inconsistent.

I'm attaching a test program that produces different output between Screen and
directly in the outer terminal. The displayed text will also change within GNU
Screen itself depending on how it gets redrawn (scrolling one line at a time
vs. with pgup/pgdn, or switching between panes).

I don't think this is the same as bug #51890 or bug #63634, though it may be
related.

Thanks for maintaining GNU Screen!

File Attachments:

Date: Tue 12 Sep 2023 11:55:30 PM UTC  Name: combining.c  Size: 4KiB   By:
None
Test program that prints the letter &#039;A&#039; with various diacritics
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=55132>

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?64659>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/