my screen caption/ status line

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: my screen caption/ status line
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:47:10 +1000

hostname| screenlist <space filler> date+time

(Beware email wrapping ...):

caption always "%{wb}%H|%{-u} %-Lw%{+b by}%n%f %t%{-}%+Lw %=|%D %M %d
%c%-0<"

---
I also have a little question: Ideally I'd like to include seconds in
the above status line (%c.%s), but when the seconds are updating (at
least in X) the bottom line flickers randomly, about once or twice per
minute (which is low frequency, but still too high to not get annoying
after about ten minutes, especially when I've got 5 terms showing). If
anyone knows how I can get rid of the occasional flicker, that would be
great.

tia
zenaan