screen + xterm scrollback

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: screen + xterm scrollback
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:03:13 +1000

The /usr/share/doc/README.Debian file says to uncomment the following
line, to make screen and xterm share the same scrollback buffer:

termcapinfo xterm|xterms|xs|rxvt ti@:te@

Which is all very well, but what I need is to figure out how to do key
mapping properly, so that SHIFT+PgUp and SHIFT+PgDn do the
scroll-half-page-[up|down] thing, for it to actually work the same as an
xterm. If someone knows... (perhaps an answer to my previous key mapping
question will answer it for me).

And what should I put for scrollback buffers - should xterm and screen
both have 5000 (or whatever) buffer, just xterm, or just screen?

thanks heaps
zen