links -g, fbi

From: Giorgio Lando
Subject: links -g, fbi
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:07:10 +0200

Hi. I am a new user of screen. I have a couple of problems I am unable to
solve: some apps refuse to start when I am in screen.

First, links in graphic mode (with the framebuffer driver): it works in my fb
normal console, while if I am inside screen it does not work (it woeks fine
in text mode).
This is the error message I get:

Could not get VT mode.

Also fbi (an image viewer for the framebuffer console) does not work inside
screen. This is the error message I get:

ioctl VT_GETSTATE: Invalid argument (not a linux console?)

I do not know if these two issues are related. I suspect that I should
configure something in screenrc which defines the proper VT mode, but I did
not find anything on this argument in the docs.

I thank you in advance for any help
Giorgio