Re: Running command to different screen

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: Running command to different screen
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:11:06 -0400

* Buddy Burden <address@hidden> [2006-07-20 19:09 -0400]:
> Phil!,
>
> >>For getting commands to run in shells inside screen, the screen command
> >>you need to use is 'stuff'.  To run 'df -h', you'd use 'stuff "df -h ^J"'
> >>where "^J" is a quoted control-J (or enter) character.  I couldn't manage
> >>to get the ^J entered from screen's colon mode, though.
>
> Just use "\015" instead.  That has always worked for me (and it's much
> easier to type).

Aha.  Actually, I seem to recall this coming up on the list before, and
I'd just forgotten about it.  I'll try to remember for next time.  "screen
strings accept octal escapes.  screen strings accept octal escapes."

--- --
It's very inconvenient to be mortal -- you never know when everything may
suddenly stop happening.