screen -m -d breaks backspace

From: Clint
Subject: screen -m -d breaks backspace
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 18:24:47 -0400

Hello,

Recently, I suspect due to a debian update, something changed on my system where launching screen in detached mode breaks the backspace.  The backspace now deletes the whole line and control backspace deletes the previous character.  What's odd is that running screen normally (without -m -d) leaves backspace working fine.

I've played with STTY, TERM, and the screenrc a bit, but without luck.  Anyone else have this just happen to them?