Re: terminal devices left open after logging out

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: terminal devices left open after logging out
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:55:17 +0900

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 11:00:14PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I often use detach ( http://detach.sourceforge.net/ ) when starting
> programs that should run in the background / as a daemon.
> This will work regardless of what your shell is.

The thing is, what are these "programs that should run in the background
or as a daemon"?  I'm not running programs in the background, but still
get these "orphaned" ttyp's that remain from a screen session.  Any
daemons running are started at bootup, and don't have anything to do with
login users.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba(dot)ne(dot)jp/(tilde)home/