Re: 256 colors

From: cga2000
Subject: Re: 256 colors
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:06:37 -0400

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 10:25:13AM EDT, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> On 4/21/07, cga2000 <address@hidden> wrote:
> >What is the correct syntax to use color16/255 in screen when running on
> >top of a 256-enabled xterm? I couldn't find any info regarding these
> >aspects in any of the docs I've been looking at.
>
> This question has been answered a bunch of times on the mailing list
> already.  Please look through the archives.  I've posted a suggestion
> for a screen-256color terminfo entry, but I don't think it's been
> picked up for the distribution, yet.  Just install it with tic(1).
> Then just make sure to set
>
> term "screen-256color"
>
> in your screenrc and you're set (provided that xterm has set TERM to
> xterm-256color and a terminfo entry for that exists as well).

sorry about this ..

My question is about screen _itself_ supporting 256 colors - ie. for
the status line display .. not screen's ability to run applications
that are 256-color capable.

IOW, I have a bunch of apps running under screen with nice subtle colors
.. hopefully .. :-)  and I have this eyesore of a screen status line at
the bottom of the screen with some pure red .. pure green ..  blue ..
magenta .. etc.  So before I get rid of it altogether as a last resort,
I just thought I'd check whether I could have the screen hard status
line use darkkhaki3 .. on a lemonchiffon background with peachpuff
highlights instead.

Thanks,
cga