Re: for the people whose screen does not crash

From: Stephane Chazelas
Subject: Re: for the people whose screen does not crash
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:39:14 +0000

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 06:21:46PM -0500, Mag Gam wrote:
> I am slowly being convinced that my screen crashes (or freezes mainly) are
> due to my environment settings. This can include env or stty settings.
>
> For the people whose screen does not crash what special settings are you
> using? What version of screen? What os?
[...]

I sometimes experience screen freezes when I do some
"screen -x" over ssh and the ssh connection is lost in such a
way that sshd is not terminated straight away.

I then reconnect using another ssh session and after some time,
one of the windows freezes (generally the one that was being
displayed in the frozen session).

I guess, it's because of some buffer filling up. The solution in
that case is to kill the /dangling/ screen -x to the dead ssh
session.

Maybe something similar happens to you.

--
Stephane