Re: local and remote sessions "all in one" ?

From: R . T .
Subject: Re: local and remote sessions "all in one" ?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:23:23 -0500

>From the screen man page:
-----
DEFAULT KEY BINDINGS
C-a a       (meta)        Send the command character (C-a) to window.
See escape command.

CUSTOMIZATION
escape xy       Set the command character to x and the character
generating a literal command character (by triggering the "meta"
command) to y (similar to the -e option).   Each argument is either a
single character, a two-character sequence of the form "^x" meaning
"C-x"), a backslash followed by an octal number (specifying the ASCII
code of the character), or a backslash followed by a second character,
such as "\^" or "\\".  The default is "^Aa".
-----

Hence, by default,
-"C-a n" switches to the next window locally
- "C-a a n" switches to the next window remotely, by sending a command
character followed by "n".

You could customize this in a number of ways. For instance, you could
set the "escape" command to different keys on the local and remote
hosts. You could also use different keys for the command character and
the literal command character.