Re: Promote Screen? Include .screenrc!

From: Mark Eichin
Subject: Re: Promote Screen? Include .screenrc!
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:20:00 -0400

>     later, I saw one colleague running several instances of screen on the
> server so
>     that she could reconnect to several shell instances running batch jobs
> (instead
>     of using ONE screen instance with several windows ;-> )

Eh, for some applications, multiple windows is wrong - if you're going
to have to "screen -x" multiple connections to them anyway, it's
actually cleaner to be able to manage them with names and "screen
-ls".  (This approach is particularly useful with, for example, a
"builder" account that runs autobuilders but different people may need
to check on...)

That said, yes, windows are a more "advanced" feature than just
attach/detach... but that doesn't actually mean they're *necessary*.