Re: using screen logs

From: Will Stevenson
Subject: Re: using screen logs
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:30:54 -0500

Hi Jae,

I spent several hours trying to tackle this same issue. I wanted to share what I found out. I found 2 programs that do a pretty good job in removing the escape codes:

1.  Ansifilter: http://www.andre-simon.de/doku/ansifilter/ansifilter.html
2.  Ansi2txt: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ansi2txt

Ansi2txt does a slightly better job (in my opinion) than Ansifilter. After running these programs, the output files were human-readable. Try them both out and let us know what you think.
--Will